Definitions of Coaching
Life Coaching Process:
Peter Seidler Coaching is a process that assumes client is resourceful, naturally creative and whole. Life coaching is a practice that helps people identify and achieve personal goals. Life coaches assist clients by using a variety of tools and techniques and draws inspiration from disciplines such as sociology, psychology, positive adult development and career counseling.
Peter Seidler Executive Coaching is designed to facilitate professional and personal development for individual growth and improved performance. In Executive Coaching coaches work with clients towards specific goals. These include career transition, interpersonal and professional communication, performance management, organizational effectiveness, managing career and personal changes, developing executive presence, enhancing strategic thinking, dealing effectively with conflict, and building an effective team within an organization.
These coaching definitions are varied, valid, and useful ways to look at coaching.
- “Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. It is an ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, businesses, or organizations.” The International Coaches Federation (ICF).
- “Life Coaching is a helping field that attracts professionals who are educated and trained to help you feel more satisfied, to be more engaged with life, find more meaning, have higher hopes, and probably even laugh and smile more, regardless of circumstances. This kind of life coaching focuses on helping you overcoming learned helplessness and depression.” Terri Babers, Positive Changes Coach.
- “Coaching is a profession that helps people tap into their inner purpose and passion and connect that with outer goals and tasks to bring about extraordinary and sustainable results.” The Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC)
- “Coaches help people: set better goals and then reach those goals. Ask their clients to do more than they would have done on their own. Help their client to focus better so as to produce results more quickly. Provide clients with the tools, support and structure to accomplish.” Thomas Leonard, founder of CoachVille.
- “Coaching is a healthy, positive, and enabling process that develops the capacity of people to solve today’s business and personal problems. Touching people’s spirits and rekindling what deeply matters to them is what coaching is all about.” – Thomas Crane, author of Heart of Coaching.
Peter Seidler, CPCC, PCC is a certified professional Coach who helps clients gain clarity on what they most want and create a course of action that aligns with their values and builds on their strengths.
Peter partners with clients to enable them to expand beyond current limitations, helping them become stronger, more alive human beings. He helps clients access energy and creativity to find balance in their lives and greater fulfillment.